Marvel’s Avengers is available to play and as players are making their way through the story and side missions, a fair few bugs and glitches are being noticed. We noted in our Marvel’s Avengers review that the game was buggy at launch, and we’re hoping that Crystal Dynamics will be on top of those fixes, but there are a lot of issues, which makes sense with a game that wants to do as much as this one does.
These are some of the issues that the team is currently working on via the subreddit. Others are reported by players.
Verizon is offering the Pixel 4a for just $10/mo on new Unlimited lines
- “House Call” mission can’t be completed.
- Infrequent infinite loading screens.
- Community challenges not updating in real-time.
- Credits sometimes don’t appear.
- Previewing skins can freeze the game.
- Characters freeze and can’t move until being hit.
- Loading screen image gets “stuck” on screen.
- Frequent crashes – (PC only)
Issues we’ve had
- Infinite loading screens along with some generally slow loading.
- Issue with fabrication machine mentioned above.
- Game needs to be rebooted following crashed loading screens.
- Textures don’t load in immediately.
- Some enemies appear invisible during combat.
- Audio cues don’t load in.
- Audio cues repeat (the now infamous “Seriously, you’re the best” repeat).
- Character duplication and swaps during late-game Golden Gate Bridge sequence.
You can find the full patch notes for more information.
- Captain America can now smash through doors
- Addressed a rare bug that results in a player’s Hero Level being reset, usually following a multiplayer connection issue. – (Xbox/PC only)
Following V1.30 for PlayStation, Xbox and PC
This patch fixed truly numerous issues, so you can find the full list for more details. The highlights are below:
- Fixed an issue where A-Day would not progress if the player started the campaign from the War Table after selecting Avengers Initiative first.
- Fixed infinite loads when reloading the game during “The Light that Failed” and “To Stand Alone”.
- Fixed an issue in “Bad Blood” where the Final cinematic would sometimes not play audio.
- Fixed an issue preventing “Interrogation Anxiety” from being completed. This should also fix bad save states.
- Matchmaking now stays enabled during mission launch countdown to give more time for players to join.
- Various localization and text fixes.
Following V1.0 build 12.11 on PC
- Fixed issue where unlocked outfits would go back to being unlocked.
- Fixed bug where players would fall out of world when entering the Avengers Initiative (the multiplayer portion).
Following V1.2.5 for PlayStation and Xbox
- Fixed infinite loading screen.
- Addressed some instances of a partially loaded Helicarrier that caused characters to fall out of the world.
- Campaign Mission outfits no longer disappear from inventory.
- Marketplace and Challenge Card outfits shouldn’t appear temporarily locked.
- UI improvements and other optimizations.
Are there any bugs or problems you’ve encountered while playing? Sound off in the comments below. We’ll continue to provide updates as Marvel’s Avengers gets DLC and patches.
Save the planet
An ever-expanding online game
After a horrific event leaves San Francisco in ruins, the Avengers have been disbanded. However, an even bigger evil threatens the planet five years later, and it’s up to you to assemble the crew and save the world once again. Play on PS4, then get a free upgrade when you play on PS5.
Updated Oct. 2, 2020: Refreshed article with recent reported issues.
Article First Apperared here